What Is The Secret To A Beautiful, Lasting Exterior Painting Project?
Many homeowners are surprised to learn that as important as it is, it isn’t just using quality products, or proper application techniques. The key to a lasting, beautiful finish is skilled, thorough surface preparation.
Why Is Surface Preparation So Critical?
Pressure washing, scraping, stripping, sanding – it’s tedious, dirty and hard work. In fact, over fifty percent of the time spent working on a home’s exterior painting finish should be devoted to the removal of old paint. Proper surface prep is an area where most painting contractors cut corners in an effort to keep down their cost. In an unfortunate twist, while skimping on properly preparing the surface may allow for a lower price, it cheats their customers and creates the need for more frequent painting. A cheaper project that looks okay on the surface but only lasts for a few years is extremely costly when compared to a quality application that lasts for ten or more.
This kind of preparation is particularly important here in the Chester County and Delaware County region where we experience such a wide range of weather. Your home’s exterior paint is a coating in motion, expanding during our blistering hot summer days and contracting with frigid winters. If you own an older home, the layers of existing paint that have been stacked on top of each other become brittle and don’t flex with seasonal changes. This WILL cause cracking, peeling, and flaking – guaranteed. With Morton exterior painting services, determining the root causes of paint failure takes a mix of experience and analysis that only come from years of experience. Problem solving to save our customers money is extremely important to us – we are here to help you every step of the way.
While most bargain painters cut corners by spending little time on preparation, we spend a significant percentage of our time on careful prep work. Beautiful and lasting results are created by taking the time to do the hard work prior to painting.
Our Personal Touch to the Painting Process
As critical as careful surface prep may be, it is often the personalized care and attention to detail that our clients notice most.
- Our crews are neat and tidy up thoroughly at the end of each and every day
- Our painters never smoke on-site
- We always maintain a respectful and quiet work environment while on your property
- We work very hard to protect your plants and landscaping. While the use of tarps ladders is unavoidable, we encourage you to point out areas of special concern so that we can take extra care of your prized landscaping.
- We can gladly schedule work during a period within the growing season when work will have minimal impact on your landscaping.
Additonal Exterior Painting Services
- Pressure washing of all exterior surfaces, decks, walkways gazebos and more
- Choice of paint or stain finishes
- Problem solving surface analysis. Why is there peeling, bubbling or efflorescence?
- Caulking, sealing, and repair of any problem areas
- Rotted wood repair & restoration, even exotic wood finishes
- Metal finishes, fences and garages
- Full carpentry services
- Gutter cleaning
- Much More!
Delaware County Exterior Painting Contractors • Chester County Exterior Painting Contractors
Providing Exterior home painting to the following areas of Southeastern PA:
Chadds Ford, Glen Mills, Kennett Square, Lima, Media, GarnetValley, Arborlea, Newtown Square, Chester Heights, Toughkenamon, Longwood, RoseValley, Aston Mills, Swarthmore, Springfield, Wayne, Bryn Mawr, Elwyn, Ardmore, Paoli, Aston, West Chester, King of Prussia, Many More!